Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reflection on 6713

This course gave me the impetus and experience to integrate technology in a meaningful way into my course curriculum. In truth, I have not yet put the lessons developed in this course to the test in actual practice because my students are preparing for the May IB exams at this time. However, whether or not I actually implement these lessons, I will certainly use them as a model for other lessons that might not be quite so involved but will be authentic learning experiences nonetheless. The new technologies will certainly become more familiar to me as I mature, and my lessons more authentic and technology-oriented.

As far as my GAME plan is concerned, I did receive a free trial software package for Autodesk Inventor which I am currently muddling through. The portion of my plan on interacting with other teachers in a learning community has, I think, been fruitful. I have seen some really creative, authentic, and fun lesson plans, and have been given many ideas on the use of Web 2.0 tools I have never heard of before. I also learned how to really get good use out of a free wikispaces.com account from one of my cohorts, and have placed all of my notes online for my students. As my cohort Virg said: “When a student who has been absent comes up to me asking for make-up assignments or notes I ask him ‘Did you check the wiki?’.” Now I can do this, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment